Energy Efficiency Pros is a Marketing and Buying Alliance committed to strengthening the professionalism of the energy efficiency industry and providing ethical and quality service to their clients. Representing lighting and electrical contractors, energy efficiency firms, product manufacturers, distributors and wholesalers; EEPros stands as an ally to the nation’s energy users.
The EEPros members pledge to uphold the Alliance’s Code of Ethics (below). The members agree that they are committed to the professionalism of the energy efficiency industry. We assume these responsibilities willingly and resolutely, mindful that they are part of our obligation as members of the EEPros Marketing and Buying Alliance. We hereby pledge:
- That honesty and Integrity are our guiding business policies.
- To recommend in good faith only those products and services which are known to be functionally and economically sound, and which are known to be consistent with unfailing standards of health and safety.
- To make all advertising and sales promotion thoroughly accurate, avoiding those
- practices which tend to misguide or mislead the customer.
- To write all contracts and warranties such that they adhere to federal, state, and local laws.
- To promptly acknowledge and respond to all customer complaints.
- To procure and maintain proper insurance, licensing and/or registration as mandated by
- federal, state, and local authorities.
- To preserve the health and safety of employees, trade contractors and clients.
- To serve the energy efficiency community to the best of their ability
- To conduct themselves in a manner that brings credit upon the Alliance
- To avoid conflicts of interest
- To promise to safeguard all confidential information
- To remain informed and educated in the field of energy efficiency
- To share knowledge and promote the growth of the field through assisting those new to the field
- To deal fairly with each member of the Alliance and all others
- To never influence others to breach this code
Each member agrees to abide by this code and report any infractions to the Alliance.